Return to Your Senses – 4 sessions – L.A. Eco-Village – Watch for scheduling
Trainings for health care workers, activists, councilors*
Any event that overwhelms a person’s ordinary capacity to cope: accidents, illness, birth…, may result in post traumatic symptoms that influence behaviors and interactions.
Return to Your Senses introduces you to therapeutic, engaging, un-intrusive approaches that can
- offer trauma-informed interactions to all clients
- reduce potential re-traumatization for client with trauma histories
- reduce providers’ burnout and compassion fatigue
Return to Your Senses introduction
- We explore how stress, busy lives and trauma can cut off or mute essential sensory information.
- We experiment with language and other forms of connection that create space for change.
- We practice non-invasive information gathering and listening that maximizes empowering care and minimizes stress.
- We utilize a variety of sensory modalities to help people re-connect with themselves.
Earn a 2 hour Professional Development Certificate upon completion of each session..
Return to Your Senses Topics for each sessions in this series:
- Sensory awareness informs self- care; Compassion Fatigue, Burnout,
- Boundaries, Tracking, Interviews, Imagery
- Trauma Cycle, Unwinding Trauma, Trauma needs a way out: Movement
- Communication, Client directed contact, Space for change, Therapeutic Play.
- Ground emotional release, Ethics, Illness, Integrate Sensory Awareness with client directed contact
- Pregnancy, Integrate Sensory Awareness with client directed contact
Sessions 1, 2 & 4 are pre-requisite for sessions 5 & 6
* Who should attend?
Massage Therapists and other bodywork practitioners
Occupational therapists, physical therapists, mid-wives, doulas
Nurses, health care assistants, EMTs, doctors
Guidance councilors, community councilors, AA sponsors, therapists
Social & political activists
When: 4th Wednesday each month January – June, 2016
Where: Los Angeles Eco Village near Vermont Ave & First St.
Suggested donation includes handouts: $12 per session; $60 for all 6 sessions.
To Register: email Carol@mtcwc.com or Phone (no texts): 213-427-9471
Please register by January 25 for session 1. Classes are small.