CANCELLED: Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 10:30am to 1pm
Sunday, April 13, 2014 from 10:30am to 1pm
Saturday, May 3, 2014 from 10:30am to 1pm
Saturday, May 17, 2014 from 10:30am to 1pm
Saturday, May 31, 2014 from 10:30am to 1pm
Tour only (starts at 10:30 am): $10 (self-selected sliding scale ok)
Veggie Lunch only (starts at 1 pm for morning tours): $10
Tour and vegetarian lunch: $20
A vegetarian lunch may be provided if we have received a minimum of 10 lunch reservations by the Thursday before the regular tour for Saturday mornings. We will email you a lunch confirmation by 5 pm on Friday before the tour.
You are also welcome to bring a brown bag and join the lunch discussion in the garden or lobby after the tour, or continue dialogue at one of the nearby inexpensive restaurants.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED*: email@example.com or 213/738-1254 (please include your phone number and zip code and note if you are requesting a lunch reservation).
- Fee: $10 (sliding scale available) for regular tour only. $20 when lunch included. You can pay at the door.
- Special Tours can be arranged by appointment. Minimum charge is $50 or $10 per person, whichever is more. Special tours that include lunch can be arranged for $25 per person.
- Location: Tour starts at 117 Bimini Place in L.A. Eco-Village, Los Angeles 90004
(On google maps or see directions page).
- PLEASE NOTE: Please do not bring your pets on the tour. We love dogs and cats but do not allow them on our main property.
The tour covers the following:
- Introductions and interests among members of tour group.
- History and context for the L.A. Eco-Village
- Definition of an ecovillage and our place in the international movement for more sustainable communities.
- Walking tour to observe actual conditions, actual and planned changes to the neighborhood as well as visionary possibilities.
- On-going questions and answers throughout the tour with Eco-Village guide or guides.
- Problems and progress in healthy development of an intentional community.
- What you need to know if you are considering entering a process with us or starting
ecovillage processes in your own neighborhood.
WATCH FOR FUTURE SCHEDULING OF BREAK-OUT SESSIONS AFTER THE TOUR
We are planning more in-depth break-out workshops from 2 to 5 pm after the tour on the following topics:
- Introduction to Permaculture concepts.
- The Ecological Systems of L.A. Eco-Village: water, energy, wastes, housing retrofits, transportation, food production, land use.
- The Economic Systems of L.A. Eco-Village: Urban Soil/Tierra Urbana Limited Equity Housing Cooperative, Beverly-Vermont Community Land Trust, Ecological Revolving Loan Fund, Echo Park Time Bank, Green Business Development.
- The Social Systems of L.A. Eco-Village: meeting processes, committees, communications, decision making, conflict, education and training, community meals, work parties, housekeeping, children, art, social activities.
- Working with the Public Sector: Housing Department, Redevelopment Agency, Neighborhood Councils, School District, Council Office, Mayor’s Office, Health Department, Congressional Office.
Let us know if you are interested in attending any of these sessions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 213/738-1254
If you have already been on a tour, you would be welcome to attend an afternoon session.
Watch for details and fee schedule.