Greywater Installers course, June 3-7, 2013, 8am – 5pm
What: Greywater Installers Course
Where: L.A. Eco-Village (directions)
When: Monday thru Friday, June 3 – 7, 2013 from 8am to 5pm daily
- Interested in learning all about greywater, installing your own system, or becoming a greywater installer for your area? This course is designed for people with either basic plumbing, landscaping, or permaculture skills who want to learn how to design and build simple, economical residential greywater systems
- You will learn about the theory behind simple and high-end systems including the indoor use of greywater. We’ll cover basic plumbing and landscaping skills needed for the four types of common simple greywater systems. You will learn how to conduct a site assessment, determine which system to install and how to maintain existing systems. Additionally you’ll learn about what plants do best with greywater and the do’s and don’t of residential greywater reuse. By the end of the course you will know about proper installation of code compliant washing machine, and simple systems under the CA state code and be familiar with your state’s code (if you live outside of CA).
- There will be an optional exam and installation for people wishing to be certified and listed on our website. The “installer’s page” contains contact info for graduates who wish to be listed, as well as an internal list serve for installers to share info, experiences, and get support.
- Cost: $650 limited work trade available (email to request info- info (at) greywateraction.org)
- Register here http://greywateraction.org/workshop/2013/06/03/greywater-installers-course-2013-la-ca
- Learn more about the content and see the week’s schedule here.
- This course typically fills up, so register soon to reserve your spot.