Learn how to install the popular “laundry to landscape” (L2L) greywater system in this design workshop.
Laundry to landscape greywater systems are simple, affordable, and easy to maintain. With your own L2L system you can irrigate your landscape each time you do laundry, saving you water, time, and resources. Experienced instructors will lead you step-by-step through the design process, tailoring a system to fit your home. This system is legal to install without a permit, just follow 12 basic guidelines you’ll learn about in class.
- How to design a system for your home and landscape
- How to build a system- you’ll create a “mock-up” of a real system with real greywater parts
- What parts you’ll need for your home
- How much greywater you produce and how many plants you can water
- What soaps and detergents are “greywater friendly”
- Real L2L greywater system
- Gravity “branched drain” greywater system from sinks
Cost: Sliding scale $15 to $40, limited work trade positions available
Location: The Los Angeles EcoVillage 117 Bimini Place, LA, 90004
Bring: Photographs of your laundry room and landscape. Site plan of your yard.
Sponsored by Greywater Action in association with Urban Soil/Tierra Urbana and CRSP