virtual event for the public
Starting a community has never been more compelling than it is right now, in a time of crisis. This workshop draws on years of knowledge from community founders, and Yana’s own 23 years of cooperative living, including four community start-ups, to lay out the most important considerations for making a new community a success.
Blending practical advice with opportunities for self-reflection, this online workshop can help you set your feet on the right path for your group to thrive.
Topics will include:
- the reasons to start a community… and not to
- understanding the breadth of work and skills involved with a start-up
- creating a good vision statement
- what successful founders have in common
- the relationship between decision-making, conflict resolution, and membership process
- 15 spectrums that help define what kind of a community you are creating
- social dynamics you need to know about
- economic choices and their implication for sustainability and group cohesion
- what you should– and shouldn’t– freak out about
- key questions for making your community a sustainable one
- balancing holding the vision with attracting new members
👉Please register even if you can’t attend the live workshop, you will receive a session recording to listen or watch anytime!
$28 U.S. Go here to register: